[ale] mint 13 vm running out of storage space

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Mon Oct 14 12:06:16 EDT 2013

On 10/14/2013 10:27 AM, James Taylor wrote:
> I would agree, with one additional suggestion.
> If you create the VM with two cpu's it will install an smp kernel.
> You can drop the cpu's back to one after the install, then if you need to add an additional cpu later, you will already have smp available.
> -jt

On Linux, SMP is the default - has been on the distros I use for years - at
least since 2010.

I have many VMs here ... let me check all the currently running machines/VMs ...
every last one of them has an SMP kernel even though most have 1 vCPU assigned
and have never seen more.  Perhaps that is a Server install thing?  Don't really
use desktops anymore.

Perhaps TinyCore or Puppy or router distros don't use SMP?