[ale] Yea!! Android emulator working after 1/2 hr hair pulling

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Mon Oct 14 10:21:31 EDT 2013

Hi Charles,

They REALLY should put an appropriate descriptive error message.

Like, "The superapp application failed to run because its executable bit is off."  or "The emulator application failed while trying to load xxx.yyy library."

(Yes, to any newbies reading, you may get a file not found error on Ubuntu 12.04 and Mint 13 and possibly others if the executable bit in the file properties is off.

Well horsefeathers.  I just tested this by taking away the executable permission from the LS command.  It then gives a permissions error.  However, I'm pretty sure I've seen this manifest as a file not found error too.)

Or better yet, (what I said above) + "error code 2342".  Which you could then google.  And / or, print a trace of the last 10 commands.

What really confused me is that I'd already run the emulator, albeit insanely slowly, on my laptop.  This missing file phenomena never happened.  But ... that vm is 32 bit, not 64 bit.

These events of pounding on something that is already (as far as I could tell) properly configured put serious dents in my already dented sanity, at least temporarily.

Ron