[ale] how do you disable font smoothing in firefox in linux

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Sun Oct 13 00:11:34 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I found that the procedure from the top post here works:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1298180&page=2&s=08aa462edeb254668d4f3727221bc0b4

Basically, it says:

sudo rm /etc/fonts/conf.d/10*
sudo dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig

I actually moved the files rather than removing them.  Does anyone know
if this has negative effects?  I'm now happy with the way Firefox looks.

Sincerely,

Ron