[ale] Moral or Ethical to think of being a .NET consultant for a Linux lover

Jay Lozier jslozier at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 09:54:23 EDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-10-10 at 09:37 -0400, Narahari 'n' Savitha wrote:
> Hello:
>

> I dont mean to open a pandoras box but I am a Linux Lover.  I really
> like it although I hop from Arch to Suse.
>

> I use Arch on a VM on Mac (not a big fan)
>

> But I am trying to learn .NET and become a consultant in that field.
>  This way between Java and .NET and may be .php, I may have myself
> unemployment insured.
>

> The question that is haunting me is, Linux Lover and .NET, is it
> Morally right ?
>

> Is it ethically incorrect ?
>

> Counting on some comments.....
Hi,

NET is M$ only while Java, php, etc are platform independent. I do not
know much about Apple and Android programming but .NET code will not run
on them. If cross platform or tablet/smartphone development is important
I would look at languages that are supported cross platform and are
typically (or easily installed) on a device.

--
Jay Lozier
jslozier at gmail.com