[ale] Non-flash, Non-Office Presentation tool

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Wed Oct 9 19:11:51 EDT 2013

Hi Jonathan,

I (personally) don't think Windows machines are evil.  I Use 'em all the time.  I use Linux Mint and Android too.  Whatever tool works.  Having said that, I may never buy anything past Windows 7.

To the topic of our post.  I'm not saying the following is the best way to do your presentation, but it is a possible way.

Most every computer OS has the following, a file manager, a photo viewer, and an image editor.  That's all you need to present.

Use the image editor to create your slides.  Size the canvas to the same proportions as your screen OR the proportions of the projector you'll use.  Create or load the background image.  Add text.  Add clip art and or photos.  Save the image as PNG or GIF.

Repeat for each slide.  Name them with identical case specific prefix names and add a numerical suffix.  Like: ale-2013-10-0001.png.

Open the file manager and display the directory of images.  Sort by name.

Double click the first one and the photo viewer should open.  Switch to full screen view.  You should be able to view the images in sequence just by clicking the next button in the viewer.

That's it.  A way to do a slide show with only the built in OS tools.

Just curious, why no Libre Office?

Sincerely,

Ron