[ale] Web hosting query

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Sat Oct 5 18:21:49 EDT 2013

On 10/05/2013 06:14 PM, Jack Schneider wrote:
> Hi,Jim
>
> 	Since I've been a "super-lurker" for 6+ years and have not
> 	contributed. A big minus I think. I have enjoyed the
> 	personality and learning of/from the folks here.
> 	Is there someone you can recommend someone who runs, owns or
> 	works at knows about, a web hosting service, other than Network
> 	Solutions. I have used them (NETSOL) for since it was ATT/
> 	Interland? 10 years I think.  I now have been thoroughly
> 	discouraged by their business practices and attitude.
> 	I am going to move our business elsewhere. ASAP!
> 	If you have a moment drop me a reply..

The answer for the best provider will completely depend on your requirements.
For static files at niche domains, nearlyfreespeech.net is completely awesome.
Of course, they have some of the offerings that full-service providers like
Rackspace provide.

If you need a cage to put equipment that you own, then .... I only know high-end
providers that almost nobody will want.

If your business is that critical, using different providers at least 500 miles
apart which use different internet connections is an important decision too. You
probably know this already.