[ale] unknown command

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Wed Oct 2 13:23:23 EDT 2013

On 10/02/2013 11:46 AM, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:

> CAn anyone explain what is going one here?
>
> I ran <ps aux> and got this oddity:
>
> STAT START TIME COMMAND
>
> S Sep21 0:00 /usr/libexec/gvfsd-http --spawner :1.89
> /org/gtk/gvfs/exec_spaw/0
>
> googling explained that gvfs stands for gnome virtual file system.
>
> That's nice, I guess, but my desktop environment is KDE. The directory
> /org/gtk/exec_spaw does not exist on my box. It's not using any memory
> or CPU cycles.

This means that an application using GObject (either a C program, or a
program written using GObject instrospection bindings) used the GIO
library to connect to a Web server using the GVFS filesystem wrappers at
some point.

The address at the end of the command are, IIRC, D-Bus addresses.

Depending on the configuration of your system, you'll be able to find
the directory in ~/.gvfs or in /run/user/${UID}/gvfs, which is where the
GVFS modules house their virtual filesystem so as to allow common UNIX
utilities (e.g., cp, cat, mv, ls, rm, and so forth) to work with those
filesystems, even though they're not filesystems which are implemented
by the operating system or managed by e.g., mount/umount.

    --- Mike

--
Naunet Corporation Logo 	Michael B. Trausch

President, *Naunet Corporation*
? (678) 287-0693 x130 or (855) NAUNET-1 x130
FAX: (678) 783-7843