[ale] CentOS keeps rebooting

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Fri Nov 15 08:48:02 EST 2013

On 11/14/2013 12:21 PM, Chuck Payne wrote:
> I have an old dell GX620 Small factor  that was giving for
> development, but I think it dying, not sure how to test it to see what
> needs to be fix.

Don't know where you are exactly, but in a lot of areas around town
there are tiny hole-in-the-wall computer stores that sell systems (and
typically will give them to you OS-less) for cheap.  We've purchased two
systems like this in times of emergency, from a place called StarTime
Computers right near us.  Up closer to the northeast there's Delta
Computers.

If you can find a small place like that which charges reasonably, it's a
great thing to have.  This place I have here, I walk in, plop $100 and
some change on the counter and get a reasonably powerful system: 2 GB
RAM, dual-core 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo (Dell OptiPlex 755) was the last one
I got.  That's what powers my phone system at the moment, as the system
I had for it died and I had less than no time to replace it before a
critical call.  Funny, how life does that to you.

     --- Mike

--
Naunet Corporation Logo 	Michael B. Trausch

President, *Naunet Corporation*
? (678) 287-0693 x130 or (855) NAUNET-1 x130
FAX: (678) 783-7843