[ale] ale-chat announcement

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 13:20:41 EST 2013

ALE is specialty-focused group about Linux. There are plenty of other
spaces for general technology discussions to occur on a regular basis.
Setting up a special list just for non-Linux discussion even for one person
would be a misuse of the donated equipment and resources of ALE. As such,
the ALE-chat will not be deployed.

Individual, mandatory moderation of (a) perpetual general discussion
poster(s) has been implemented instead.

Perpetual, general technology discussion can be pursued elsewhere such as
USENET where many such groups continue to thrive. The comp.linux.* groups
are also still very active for those that have not looked in a decade or
so. That's where I got my start before I found ALE.

I return you to your regularly scheduled Linux discussions on ALE.

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*