[ale] [OT] Merger of Southern Polytechnic State with Kennesaw State

Dylan Northrup ale at doc-x.net
Mon Nov 4 16:39:38 EST 2013

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 12:18 PM, David Tomaschik
<david at systemoverlord.com>wrote:

> I don't know that KSU and SPSU merging is the right combination, but the
> USG has 35 separate colleges/universities, each with its own administration
> and administrative overhead -- maybe there's a better way to spend that
> money?

How about step 1: Forget the football team.  Pretty sure that is and will
be more than a drop in the bucket represented by the president's cabinet
you detailed.  Merging in SPSU seems more like empire building than a move
toward fiscal responsibility.  Larger institutions have a larger voice when
talking with the USG and BoR for funding.

--
Dylan Northrup
"Adversity is just change we haven't adapted ourselves to yet."