[ale] [OT] Merger of Southern Polytechnic State with Kennesaw State

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Mon Nov 4 07:35:43 EST 2013

Actually it was in the local news (WSB TV at least) yesterday.   They did interview some students from SPSU who weren’t in favor of it.   However, it sounded more like it was a done deal than a “proposal”.

I think it is bad idea because by its very name SPSU has a different focus than KSU.

Also in the news article the KSU President said it was a good idea because “they’re only 8 miles apart” which is:

a)      Misleading because it implies it is a straight shot from one to the other.

b)      Misses the fact that traffic in that supposed 8 miles is some of the worst in Atlanta.
They say they’ll have a shuttle between the campuses but really trying to make it from one class to another on the same campus can be a bear and I can’t imagine with Atlanta traffic that it will make much sense for scheduling if you have engineering classes at the SPSU location but core classes at the KSU location.