[ale] how do I properly move my home folder from ubuntu to mint

Bugs bugs at solprime.net
Tue May 28 09:02:11 EDT 2013

Ron,

Read up on rsync and don't use NTFS.
If you have no other place to put it, use tar to make a single file that
preserves UNIX modes and owner info.

Examples:
rsync -x -H -a -v --stats -P /home/myuser/
/path/to/my/Linux/formatted/drive/homedir/
#reinstall your dist
rsync -x -H -a -v --stats -P /path/to/my/Linux/formatted/drive/homedir/
/home/myuser/

tar -c -v -j -f /path/to/my/windows/drive/home.tar /home/myuser/
#reinstall your dist
cd / ; tar -jxvf /path/to/my/windows/drive/home.tar