[ale] Suggestion for ARM box with 3-4+ PCI-based ethernets?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed May 22 11:55:14 EDT 2013

Hi,

Raylynn Knight <seca900rider at gmail.com> writes:

> For this application you might have better success searching for low power
> MIPS based systems than ARM systems.  Look for something that uses the Cavium
> Octeon processor.

Yeah, the stuff at Routerboard.com (e.g. RB750GL) seems to be powered by
a MIPS, not ARM.  It runs a custom Linux OS, RouterOS, and an
inexpensive model seems to claim it can do 980mbps with a slow-path of
25 Simple Queues (although it drops to 462mbps with 25 IP filter rules).

Thanks!

> Ray

-derek