[ale] Linux antivirus scanners

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Tue May 21 11:57:18 EDT 2013

Well, this was to be used on the home network so I don't need the extreme.

The Windows desktops don't run their own AV because every AV I've tried
always has some bloated resident component that drags down the system.
None of the boxes have the horsepower for a VM so that's out.  Central
file server isn't here yet, I'm working on it slowly as funds permit
(this requires a new machine plus disks).  Until then it's just mount
and scan remotely.  The central scanning machine isn't a file server
right now, it's just a (old) tinker box.