[ale] GaTech CS MS online

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed May 15 14:27:01 EDT 2013

IFF...

they can pull this off for only $7k for a recognized MSCS from GaTech, that
will be an outstanding success. Maybe I should stick some more letters
after my name.

I _almost_ taught physics for UoP. I had to take one of their other classes
to get the feel for it before I got my own classes. What they had was
mostly crap and would have made physics impossible to teach. Hopefully, GT
has studied other online course work for what what fails as well as what
works. This is still the beginign of the commoditization of higher
education. Good or bad, it's coming.

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Scott Plante <splante at insightsys.com>wrote:

> We've discussed online computer science resources before, so I thought
> many of you would be interested
> in this link:
>
> http://blog.udacity.com/2013/05/sebastian-thrun-announcing-online.html?m=1
>
> "*Today is my opportunity to give back. Ever since Peter Norvig and I
> launched AI Class <https://www.udacity.com/course/cs271>, I have been
> dreaming of putting an entire computer science degree online, and to make
> access to the material free of charge, so that everyone can become a
> proficient computer scientist. With Georgia Tech and AT&T, this is my dream
> come true. If, as a young student, I had the chance to learn from the best
> professors in the world, my life might have been different. I have been
> fortunate. Yet so many potential learners are still denied access.
> Education has become much more exclusive, and getting into a top-10
> computer science department, like Georgia Tech's, is still out of reach for
> all but a chosen few. *"
>
> Scott
>
> Sent from my tablet.

James P. Kinney III