[ale] Reg ex foo

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon May 13 23:56:00 EDT 2013

no relation to oracle or regex. Just everyone hates oracle.

And yes. egrep is grep -E is gnu grep. In RHELland,  you do have to use
grep -E to turn on extended regex so stuff like:

grep -E "foo|bar|ba[zs]{1,3}" will work. That will find foo or bar or bas,
baz, bazz, bass, bazzz, basss

will work.

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 9:07 PM, Scott Plante <splante at insightsys.com>wrote:

> Clearly I'm missing the joke. What does Oracle license fees have to do
> with extended grep? Is this something different from egrep/grep -E? Isn't
> egrep GNU? What'd I miss?

James P. Kinney III
*
It won't fatten the dog.