[ale] NAS enclosure recommendations?

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Sat May 11 06:56:39 EDT 2013

I use an external array from these guys: http://www.addonics.com/
attached to a normal Core i5 PC, but mine is only 4 bay. 6+ yrs, ever any issues
besides a loose SATA cable that was my fault.

I'd avoid USB3 as the primary connector. IME, it has queuing issues. Of course,
those could be due to the USB3 card or driver used. I've never had that issue
with eSATA-MP.

For a business, things get harder due to all the choices.