[ale] NAS enclosure recommendations?

Doug Hall doughalldev at gmail.com
Sat May 11 01:50:04 EDT 2013

I want to build a NAS for a friend. I need a five-bay enclosure. It must
have a 64-bit CPU and allow me to add up to 16GB of memory. It'll be using
ZFS, which performs better with lots of memory. I'll probably need USB3,
eSata and dual ethernet ports. A low power unit would be nice.

Anyone know of and can recommend any such enclosures? The ones I'm seeing
appear to already be set up to run some proprietary system, but don't even
mention memory capacities or CPU specs. I want to use FreeNAS, of course.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Doug