[ale] Any ISPs in Sandy Springs that will survive a power outage?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu May 9 10:56:24 EDT 2013

Hey Alers,

I've got Comcast Business Class for my ISP, but I've discovered the hard
way that they don't have battery backup on their fiber plant, so if
there is a power outage I lose my service, even with a UPS on all my
CPE.  I've reported this multiple times but my tickets always get closed
because by the time the techs start looking the power is already back
up.  So I'm looking for a backup solution.

Are there any decent ISPs that you would recommend that have service in
Sandy Springs that will survive a power outage?  Note that I'm not
expecting service for days, but I am looking for it surviving an outage
of a couple hours.  Right now Comcast dies immediately, not even 60
seconds of backup time, let alone the 60+ minutes I'd expect (and
240-480 minutes I'd want).

Any suggestions?

-derek