[ale] WAY OT: Remembering a book

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Wed May 1 13:28:09 EDT 2013

I have been reading the P. K. Dick's short stories, sad to say most of the
movies based on them don't follow story at all.

I do know that Foundation was the bases of the Role Playing Game I played
thru high school and college called Traveller by GDW.

Another writer that had a lot of books that were cool was E. E. "Doc"
Smith, I love to find his and read them.

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 12:55 PM, Pete Hardie <pete.hardie at gmail.com> wrote:

> +! for the Red Mars series
>
> Pete Hardie
> --------
> Better Living Through Bitmaps
>

> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 12:11 PM, JD <jdp at algoloma.com> wrote:
>
>> On 05/01/2013 11:04 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
>> > +1 that Heinlein didn't see Starship troopers. I almost walked out of
>> the theater.
>> >

>> I re-read it in 2008. It was just as great a read as I remembered at age
>> 12.
>> Friday, SISL, TMIAHM and some of his other books are still great too, BTW.
>> Throwing rocks - I love it.
>>
>> For a more current hard-sci-fi author, KSR's Red Mars series is pretty
>> great.
>> HIGHLY recommended.

Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
Community Manager -- Southeast Linux Foundation (SELF)
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want to
package and distribute , or create your own linux distro. Give SUSE Studio
a try. www.susestudio.com.
See you at Southeast Linux Fest, June 7-9, 2013 in Charlotte, NC.
www.southeastlinuxfest.org