[ale] WAY OT: Remembering a book

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Wed May 1 08:31:08 EDT 2013

I'm old enough that when I first read them there were only the Trilogy and no tie in books.

I loved the Robots books.   Asimov wrote very well but had a big ego (which he freely admitted himself) which  came clear through his essays, forewards and whatnot.

The movie "I, Robot" bore little resemblance to any of Asimov's books including the one of that title but was a good movie despite that.   It did at least seem clear that whoever scripted it tried to tie it into Asimov's ideas about robotics.

Starship Troopers and the few other movies based on Heinlein books are abominations and I'm glad Robert wasn't around to see them.