[ale] [OT] (but computer and cryptography related) Bitcoin, Litecoin

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Sat Mar 30 12:55:40 EDT 2013

On 03/29/2013 03:18 PM, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> By the way, the treasury department recently issued a ruling that
> this is legal.  So that's not an issue.

Everything else aside, why would _that_ even matter?

The United States does not have the right to regulate any currency but
its own issue.  BTC is not issued by the United States Government.
That'd be like the Treasury Department saying that the Euro is legal.
Of course it is.

Any currency anyone is willing to use is legal, if they're willing to
use it.

That'd be like saying "I would love to barter with you, but I'm not sure
that it's legal for me to trade my 22" monitor for your stack of
raspberry pi systems, since my 22" monitor isn't blessed by the Treasury
Department as currency..."

You really are paranoid, aren't you?

	--- Mike

--