[ale] If you own (almost) ANY HDD, repartition with 4k boundaries

David Ritchie deritchie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 14:47:10 EDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Chuck Peters <cp at axs.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 1:04 PM, David Ritchie <deritchie at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Repeat after me: Windows XP is an obsolete, unsupported software system.
>>

> Technically it is supported until mid April 2014.  That being said I have
> an nv4_disp BSOD issue with an old Nvidia 5200 card and I am unlikely to
> see a driver update or MS update to fix it.  Too bad my attempts at
> converting Mom to Linux failed.

Supported meaning in this case "We will still be polite when you call MS
about your XP problem, but unless you are a Fortune 50 company
that is running into this issue, we can wait you out - and we might just do
that even if you *are* a Fortune 50 company..."
Unsupported, IMO. I don't think we are too far out of agreement here.... I
would be doubtful there will ever be a SP4. Is MS doing
any patches for XP today? Just curious...

Best regards,
David Ritchie