[ale] If you own (almost) ANY HDD, repartition with 4k boundaries

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 20 14:20:25 EDT 2013

On 3/20/2013 1:43 PM, Chuck Peters wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 1:04 PM, David Ritchie <deritchie at gmail.com
> <mailto:deritchie at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Repeat after me: Windows XP is an obsolete, unsupported software
>     system.
>

> Technically it is supported until mid April 2014.  That being said I
> have an nv4_disp BSOD issue with an old Nvidia 5200 card and I am
> unlikely to see a driver update or MS update to fix it.  Too bad my
> attempts at converting Mom to Linux failed.
>

> Chuck

Before I get booed, I know it's not a windows forum, but helping is
always good:

Isn't that file replaced/updated with the nvidia drivers?
The legacy driver package if I remember.  Boot in safe mode,
remove/uninstall the drivers.  Install fresh driver set, reboot, this
used to be pretty common problem.

Latest legacy drivers:
http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/5753

PM me if you have any further questions.