[ale] [OT] any experience with low self discharge NIMH batteries

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Wed Mar 20 12:38:15 EDT 2013

Hi Scott,

You have a point there.  I guess lamp oil doesn't self discharge.  I think we have one oil lamp and some fuel we could put into service.  We have a few large candles too.  In general I don't like fire for safety reasons.  Our house is small and cluttered without many clear stable surfaces for lamps.  But, it is good as a backup.  I have 3 propane camp lanterns that I bought before y2k.  I haven't lit them in years, but they should still work.  They're not recommended for indoor use since they get dangerously hot and suck up oxygen.  I even have a couple of kerosene cook stoves, although I don't know if I have any good fuel.  I really hope I don't have to get that radical in camping at home.

Sincerely,

Ron