[ale] Web Socket Implementations

Hendry, Chris Chris.Hendry at turner.com
Tue Mar 19 11:44:48 EDT 2013

Thanks Scott, the slide show was supportive.

I lean on a server side implementation that would allow me to user either C,C++, or java. This would give me flexibility  I feel comfortable with.
Implementations that only allow using python, node.js, or even erlang  I find too restrictive.

For the client, do not see a way to keep way from using branded libraries, they just provide so much helpful tools, that goes for the server side as well. I like the models that jWebSocket provides:

jWebSocket Channels concept: http://jwebsocket.org/devguide/dg_channels.htm
jWebSocket Events model http://jwebsocket.org/devguide/dg_events.htm
jWebSocket Token concept http://jwebsocket.org/devguide/dg_tokens.htm
jWebSocket Remote Procedure Calls (RPC) http://jwebsocket.org/devguide/dg_rpc.htm