[ale] Arch Linux, they've screwed it up

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 16:26:53 EDT 2013

I cannot get down with the systemd garbage, and now I find out they
have removed the old step-by-step installer. So, I'm done with Arch.
Can anyone recommend a good alternative? I liked to use Arch on my DVR
because it is bare bones from the start (e.g. only the absolutely
necessary services running after install). That left it easily
configurable to the purpose I needed it for.

At the moment, I'm considering Sabayon[1] since it has a binary
package manager. But I do not care for Gentoo.

[1] -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabayon_Linux

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/