[ale] HP BL460c G8 blades with 10Gb FlexibleLOM support?

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy.bouse at UnderGrid.net
Thu Mar 7 12:24:26 EST 2013

Hey Guys,

Anyone out there have any hands-on experience with Debian being
installed on a BL460c G8 blade using the FlexibleLOM 2-port 10GbE
FlexFabric adapter to access a SAN? We're looking to purchase several
but we've been bit several times with issues with going from DL380 and
DL385 Gen7 to Gen8 so hesitant to pull trigger on the order without
validation that the support is available. HP party line is that RHEL &
SuSE are supported but not Debian, but we all know it's the same kernels
just different packaging and the occasional custom patches included.

TIA for any advice and comments as they'll be greatly appreciated.