[ale] Yubikey

Scott Bragg walkingbear at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 10:20:57 EST 2013

I've been using one with LastPass for a couple of years now.  I use
two-factor to activate LastPass on a system, then let lastpass manage all
my passwords.

Simple and effective.

For your banks, etc.. The website would have to implement 2-factor and
allow the ubikey as one of the factors.   To the best of my knowledge, none
of the US banks do this yet.   The closes is Chase that requires a 4digit
key that gets sent vial e-mail or SMS to an e-mail address or phone on my
account when I log in from a computer for the first time.

E-trade has started doing that as well as asking me questions about things
on my credit history to authenticate me.  Guess that's multi-factor taken
almost too far.    User/pass + SMS code + 5 questions from credit report ==
7 factor?

Scott