[ale] [OT] any experience with low self discharge NIMH batteries

Chris Ricker chris.ricker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 09:46:06 EST 2013

On 3/5/13 12:04 AM, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> Enter Low Self Discharge NIMH batteries.  These are relatively new.
> They claim to lose only about 15 % of their charge after a year. So,
> you could get away with charging the flashlight batteries only every 6
> months or so.
>
> Two main brands of LSD NIMH seem to dominate.  Eneloop by Sanyo and
> Imedion by Powerex (Maha Energy).  I've used some standard Powerex
> NIMH 2700 mah batteries and I like them, but I have to charge them if
> they've been sitting a while.

I've been using Eneloops for a few years. They work well

Amazon usually has good pricing on them and appropriate chargers -- and
if nothing else, entertaining reviews because some of the people buying
Eneloops from there reach levels of obsessive geekery that even this
list can't dream of touching :-)