[ale] SATA PCI card or external USB enclosures?

Matt Hessel matt.hessel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 17:02:55 EST 2013

Actually I have a Seagate barracuda 2tb that has firmware set under APM to
spin down after 120 secs of inactivity.  It is extremely irritating, and
bad for the drive.

In windows I had to find an app that would autostart, and tweak the drive
setting to disable APM.  Under Linux, hdparm does it much easier.