[ale] SATA PCI card or external USB enclosures?

Matt Hessel matt.hessel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 16:42:07 EST 2013

Actually the USB protocol can be limiting as well.

Check the USB card for UASP compatibility if you get one as well as the
chassis.

UASP allows for multiple requests to be issued in parallel over USB 3.0. -
Otherwise it will only use serial requests and never come close to using
the bandwidth available.