[ale] a quick test of web site stupid

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 12:56:02 EST 2013

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 12:35 PM, David Tomaschik
<david at systemoverlord.com>wrote:

> And these are the companies that wonder why there are some researchers who
> still prefer "full disclosure" to "responsible disclosure."  (And some
> pseudo-researchers who prefer "paid disclosure.")

Given the importance of reliable software in a growing number of areas, I
see a need to have professional licenses for programmers that touch
finance, health care, public safety, etc. We don't let just anyone design a
bridge and that's for good reasons. We need to rethink this field from a
public health and safety perspective.

I can also see a need for mandatory professional certifications for System
Administrators in those same areas.

ditto for DBA work.

James P. Kinney III
*