[ale] Long lag for command line

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Sun Jun 30 18:25:23 EDT 2013

Right, the terminal is already up and running.  The lag is long after
the connection has been established (I keep a terminal open to each
machine on the network at all times).  However, in this case, DNS won't
lag because all machines point only to my local DNS server.  Any lookups
for hosts outside of my local network are handled by the local DNS server.

I have not tried valgrind on it.  I can give that a try, too, next time
it acts up.  Though running it right now surprised me.  It counted 23
errors in running ls.  All of them are conditional jumps/moves depending
on uninitialized values in ld-2.11.3.so but fortunately no leaking memory.