[ale] Long lag for command line

Michael Potter michael at potter.name
Sat Jun 29 21:13:39 EDT 2013

If it is hanging BEFORE vi actually starts, then perhaps you might
need to do this:

strace -fto strace.out bash -c 'vi'

Then you will see where it is hanging when bash is trying to load vi.

You might want to do those now while it is working properly, then save
the traces so you can compare the traces when it happens again.

Here is a tool I use to compare text file:
http://www.sourcegear.com/diffmerge/downloads.php