[ale] OT Google's cute animation drives tablet cpu hard

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Fri Jun 21 13:25:46 EDT 2013

On 06/21/2013 12:47 PM, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> Google has a cute little animated graphic on it's home page today.  Some kids in a pool with waves going by.  That's all well and good, except that it drives my tablet cpu to 50% just continually repainting the thing.  I have scripting off, so I guess the only way to turn it off is to avoid that web page.  I've seen amazon pages do similar things which are probably related to flash, but, I currently have flash off as well.

It's the oldest animation technology there is: animated gif.  Nothing
more than a sequence of frames that have a delay in them.

If that takes 50% of your device's CPU, I'd be worried about the
software you're running on it.

    --- Mike

--
Naunet Corporation Logo 	Michael B. Trausch

President, *Naunet Corporation*
? (678) 287-0693 x130 or (888) 494-5810 x130