[ale] OT Google's cute animation drives tablet cpu hard

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Fri Jun 21 12:47:42 EDT 2013

Google has a cute little animated graphic on it's home page today.  Some kids in a pool with waves going by.  That's all well and good, except that it drives my tablet cpu to 50% just continually repainting the thing.  I have scripting off, so I guess the only way to turn it off is to avoid that web page.  I've seen amazon pages do similar things which are probably related to flash, but, I currently have flash off as well.

Ron