[ale] [OT] GNURadio hardware

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Fri Jun 21 07:09:47 EDT 2013

On 06/06/2013 02:38 PM, Ted Wood wrote:
> Hi all,
> I was licensed as a HAM last year and wanted to get into the field of
> software defined radio (SDR). I've got GNURadio installed on an old
> laptop but don't know who makes good receiver units. I've found a USB
> one on Amazon for about $20 (http://goo.gl/yQtvN) but was hoping there
> might be a PCMCIA variant out there. I prefer this interface over USB
> for wifi type devices whenever possible.
>
> Thanks,
For questions like this, you may want to subscribe to the TAPR sdr
mailing list.  It's been my experience that TAPR is the focal point for
most of the SDR work going on.  Not that they do it all, but they are
aware of most of it WRT Amateur Radio.  See
https://www.tapr.org/mailman/listinfo/sdr

Jim de K4GVO