[ale] Cheap tablets?

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Wed Jun 19 20:15:44 EDT 2013

Anyone using one of the cheap Android tablets that you can pick up from
Walmart, Big Lots, etc.?  I had a crazy idea, if it was cheap enough, to
use it as an auxiliary screen for my desktop where I can do things like
run tickers/crawlers, micro web pages that refresh every so often, and
that sort of thing.  It wouldn't be a daily driver sort of tablet (I'll
get a Nexus or Galaxy for that; this thing would stay plugged in sitting
on the desk) but a little 7-inch screen full of crawls would offload
that stuff from my main screens.