[ale] OT Fwd: Dc404-Chat New smart locks for your home

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Wed Jun 19 10:36:38 EDT 2013

On Wednesday 19 June 2013, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> I don't want to even get started on rf based credit cards.  Steve's been
> reporting on various cases of those being abused again.  If I get one of
> those, I'm sending it back or zapping it in the microwave oven.  I wonder
> if that would destroy the magnetic strip.

/Supposedly/ you can hole punch a corner away from the stripe, destroying the
rf grid and keeping the magnetic stripe intact. Have not confirmed this bit
of information and hoping our old cards will continue to work next month.
Same account number, however the three digit extra number has changed...

Depending on the company involved, sending them back is not an option.
--
William