[ale] Some interesting web statistics

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 17:55:55 EDT 2013

Eastern Europe and heavy Linux usage are indicators of probing by robots.
Look for a  series of connections to web server coupled with other port
probes like ssh and printing ports 631 and vnc ports. Be especially aware
of tomcat and any java application. Tweak iptables to log everything just
before being blocked.