[ale] [ANNC] ALE-NW @ SPSU MTG. for THIS Thurs., June 13, 7:30pm

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Thu Jun 13 18:15:29 EDT 2013

Room change: J211
Leaving in a few minutes, so I should be at SPSU 30-45 minutes early.

So we have something interesting to talk about, I'm bringing my atom-based XBMC
machine (really an AMD-E350) and remote control. This is just a fallback topic.
 Even loaded a few HiDef videos to the local drive so we could watch amazing
sample videos for the quality. It really shines when connected to a great audio
system and projector.

The partition table:

$ sudo parted -l
Model: ATA ST3300620AS (scsi)
Disk /dev/sda: 300GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: msdos

Number  Start   End     Size    Type      File system     Flags
 1      32.3kB  20.0GB  20.0GB  primary   ext4            boot
 2      20.0GB  300GB   280GB   extended
 5      20.0GB  230GB   210GB   logical   ext4
 6      230GB   251GB   21.0GB  logical   ext4
 7      251GB   272GB   21.0GB  logical   ext4
 8      298GB   300GB   2096MB  logical   linux-swap(v1)

Created a few 20G partitions so there is always a working version of XMBC
available to keep the natives from revolting.

Most of the content sits on the network; photos, music, TV, Movies, family
videos ...

Anyway, I hope to see some folks at SPSU shortly.