[ale] GUI for working on a remote Subversion workspace?

Ben Coleman oloryn at benshome.net
Thu Jun 13 16:36:48 EDT 2013

On 6/13/2013 10:50, James Sumners wrote:
> May we ask why? I'm willing to bet this causes more problems than it
solves.

The 'remote workspace' is a webspace for the development version of a
Drupal website, sitting on a local server.  Most of the  code changes
are merely module installs and the occasional CSS tweak.  I'm accustomed
to making changes there, committing to a subversion repository, and
doing a 'svn update' on the production server when the changes are
ready.  I'm comfortable doing this at the command line (in vim, even, if
anyone wants to open up that rwar).  I have a business partner who's not
(but who does do this development), and we have interns who probably
won't be.  I've gotten in the habit of 'cleaning up' after my business
partner, but I'm thinking that this new situation might be an
opportunity to get him and the interns dealing with the repository, if I
can figure a way for them to do it without having to deal with svn at
the command line (the business partner is comfortable with Tortoise).

Ben
--
Ben Coleman oloryn at benshome.net | For the wise man, doing right trumps
http://oloryn.benshome.net/     | looking right.  For the fool, looking