[ale] heads up - warning - you could be sharing comcast wifi without knowing it

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jun 12 10:24:00 EDT 2013

Pete Hardie <pete.hardie at gmail.com> writes:

> So if someone uses this free wifi access to hack one of my machines, is
> Comcast liable?

How would they do that?  Do you not have a firewall for your machines?
The way I understand this is that the "public wifi" portion would be on
a different network than your "personal" connection, so anyone on the
public side would have the same access to your network as someone
anywhere else on the Internet.

-derek