[ale] heads up - warning - you could be sharing comcast wifi without knowing it

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Wed Jun 12 01:34:04 EDT 2013

You would only burn out the circuit if you connected the can directly to
the antennas (electrically loading them).  There's certainly some
reflection of the RF energy involved by hiding the AP inside the can but
the power levels are low enough that it shouldn't do much to the output
amplifiers.  The input preamps will probably saturate with the extra
signal but should also be fine.

Overheating would be a problem but you only need to drill a bunch of
small holes to let air through.