[ale] [OT] how do I monitor the "weather" in my computer room

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Tue Jun 11 14:59:13 EDT 2013

George Allen <glallen01 at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 11:24 AM, George Allen <glallen01 at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>> RRDtool may also be a useful addition (time-series graphs):
>> http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/index.en.html
>>
>> (and for a temperature-specific example):
>>
>http://web-tech.ga-usa.com/2012/05/creating-color-gradients-with-rrdtool-bash-using-temperatures/
>>

>The same website also has more on homebrew temperature montioring using
>arduino:
>http://web-tech.ga-usa.com/2011/06/100-node-micro-lan-ds18b20-sensor-network/

Hi George,

Those look like cool links.  I plan to review them a bit later.

Coincidentally, the May 2013 issue of Nuts and Volts magazine has an article about a raspberry pi based temperature monitoring system.  I was able to view the article online.  I think some parts of the magazine are restricted if you're not a subscriber (and I'm not).  However, this part seemed to work ok.  I found out about the article when I bought the paper magazine.

http://www.nutsvolts.com/index.php?/magazine/article/may2013_Kibalo
http://nutsvolts.texterity.com/nutsvolts/201305/?folio=35#pg35
python source code - http://www.nutsvolts.com/uploads/magazine_downloads/201305_Kibalo.zip

Sincerely,