[ale] would you buy projector from craigslist - off topic

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Mon Jun 10 18:22:12 EDT 2013

Nope, I wouldn't.

Projectors are finicky already - I'd want the full vendor warranty PLUS the
doubling of it that many credit cards add (mine do).  With Craigslist, I don't
see how I'd convince the CC company that I had any warranty to be doubled.

After reading the projector forums, it appears to me that a high number of new
machines have issues that need to be addressed.  Sometimes it takes a few
weeks/months to notice the issue - especially if you aren't familiar with
projectors.  There are individual viewing issues too like rainbow effects.  Some
people don't see them at all, but I'm extremely sensitive. If it were too bad,
I'd want a no-hassle return.