[ale] rpm's src vs binary and the confusion

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 23:31:01 EDT 2013

Did you take a look at the document I linked in your last thread?

       ->Yes that is the basis on which I was working out the tomcat rpm
and Thank You for that wonderful document.

Third, %install... If you would prefer, add a makefile to your source tar
and call its install target. Otherwise just manually move the files to
where they need to go.
     ->So if I want the final install to be on /opt/apache-tomcat-7.0.37, I
need to do that hard lifting myself right ? as in
     ->mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/opt
     ->cp -R /home/virtual/rpmbuild/BUILD/apache-tomcat-7.0.37
$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/opt

      ->Will the above step then create the .rpm file ?

I notice you don't have a %files manifest yet, that'll be next.

       ->I thought %files are dummy section, is that needed ?

-Narahari