[ale] rpm's src vs binary and the confusion

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 22:02:11 EDT 2013

Friends:

I am building an rpm for Apache Tomcat version 7.0.37.

Sorry to ask a lame question but what is the diff between src rpm and
regular rpm ?
(dont flame, I know I have read it but it confuses me when I am building)

Also, tomcat is not really built as in gcc or cc or whatever aka no make or
configure.

So in the install section what should I be really doing ?
Spec file is here.

http://pastebin.com/f6P64tSQ

Also, if I have a custom name for the rpm I am building, what macros or env
variables are available in the %install section ?

Regards,
-Narahari