[ale] run scripts - archlinux inside virtualbox

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Sun Jun 2 07:15:01 EDT 2013

Either cron or a shell script called during startup can do this.  Running something every Thursday, once, is possible.  The list archives cover that.

  Just an observation, but you seem to be running a bunch of different Linux flavors.  It might be better to concentrate on 1 until you're able to handle stuff like this?

As a very experienced software developer, you know that developing on a different platform than will be used in production complicates things unnecessarily. This complexity is compounded by using non-distro provided tools across the board.  Being on the bleeding edge is hard. Determining whether all that extra effort is worth it is something that only you, your team, and your management can determine. I've been there and I've been grateful when the default tool/libs met the project needs.  The effort and costs increase throughout the sdlc across the board.

 Linux is very similar, but different releases and different distros are just different enough to cause issues.

I'm positive you know all this, so consider this as a message for any lurkers.